Have you ever dreamt of having long, straight and silky tresses? Do you want your hair to stay the same after getting permanent hair straightening? Ever walked outside hair straightening salons and wished to get hair straightening done? There are now many options to get hair straightening done. Technology has made everything easier and accessible. There are many permanent hair straightening treatments available now or your convenience. But the question is that are these hair straightening treatments safe or not?
What Are Permanent Hair Straightening Treatments
Permanent Hair Straightening treatments use a sodium-based chemical to disrupt the keratin formation in your hair. Your hair is made up of keratin and proteins. These keratin are coiled together and haphazardly aligned in curly, wavy and frizzy hair this giving the curly texture and look to your hair.
The chemicals in hair straightening treatments loosen this keratin and then there is a process of applying a neutralizer which straightens the hair for a further process. Then the hair is blow dried and then flat ironed at a very high heat in a certain immaculate manner. The last process is the diffuser application. The treatment is allowed to stay in the hair for 2 to 3 days depending on the treatment, in which no water should touch your hair and you should not tie them to let the treatment become permanent.
The main process stays the same but the time period is different in different types of treatments. However, it is advisable to go to the best hair straightening salons for hair straightening treatments. The Most common hair straightening treatments are listed below.
- Japanese straightening treatments use a lot of chemicals for the straightening process and the hair bonds are broken down to form straight hair bonds and extensive flat iron is done on your hair. The process lasts for around 6 to 8 months till new hair grows out. This treatment will give you completely sleep and straight hair.
- Brazilian keratin treatment or Brazilian blowout treatment is a milder hair straightening treatment which lasts for around 4 to 6 months depending on the aftercare of your hair. This is more expensive than the Japanese treatment and reduces frizz and curls from your hair and relaxes your hair giving a more natural straight look.
The major benefit of hair straightening treatments is that you will have straight hair and you can flaunt any haircut and style suitable for straight hairs and you will not have to struggle with flat irons, straightening products and blow dryers.
Disadvantages of Hair Straightening Treatments
The disadvantages are many as opposed to advantages.
- Chemicals are used in the straightening process which is damaging to your hair in the long run. The chemicals and the flat iron is applied from near the scalp which may damage the scalp as well.
- These chemicals are dangerous and that us the reason straightening treatments are a strict no when you are pregnant or lactating.
- The chemicals may also interfere with future hair growth later on and completely damage your hair and can also lead to extensive hair fall.
- You will need regular touchups because your new hair growth will be very curly whereas rest of the hair will be straight and that will not look good.
- You will need to spend a hefty amount on after straightening products such as shampoos, conditioners and hair masks.
- You may not be able to get all types haircut and style because your hair will be completely straight and you will not be able to curl or wave them for any special occasion.
If you still opt for a hair straightening treatment then research well and go for specialized hair straightening salons bethesda md.Topics #Brazilian blowout #hair masks #hair straightening salons #haircut and style #Permanent Hair Straightening